VIDIZMO Administrators can organize content by adding different categories in an Account/Channel. They can either be defined individually or in a hierarchy. Categories also help in searching content within VIDIZMO.
Following is a step by step guide on how to add categories to a channel:
1. At the Account/Channel Homepage, go to Admin >> Settings.
3. At the Categories tab:
i. Click on Add New Category (+) icon to add a new category on your Account/Channel.
ii. Add New Category page will open a text editor to the right as highlighted where you can enter the Category Name and Description. The title is the name designated to your category and description is a detailed account of the certain or salient aspects, characteristics, or features of your category.
iii. Click on Add.
5. You can add a subcategory to any category. To do so:
i. Click on Add New Category (+) icon against your desired category.
ii. Add Child Category text editor will open where you can enter the child category name and its description. The title is the name designated to your child category, and the description is a detailed account of the certain or salient aspects,characteristics, or features of your child category.
iii. Click on Add.
6. A message will be displayed stating: Child category has been added successfully.
There are three ways to verify that a category is added to the channel:
While Uploading media
1. At the Account/Channel Homepage, click on the Add New Media (+) icon.
2. At the Add New Media page, Click on Upload Media box.
3. At the Upload Media page, click on Capture/Browse & Upload and select any digital media file that you wish to upload.
4. You will be redirected to the Media Settings. Click on Basic tab:
i. Click on the Category dropdown list.
ii. Select your desired category.
iii. Click on Save to make changes effective.
1. At the Account/Channel Homepage, go to Admin >> Media Management.
2. You can filter media according to categories:
i. Click on the Filter icon.
ii. Select a category.
iii. Click on Apply.
3. The media files of the filtered categories will be displayed.
1. Click on the Channel link as highlighted to redirect to Channel Homepage.
2. At the Channel Homepage, Select a category.
3. At the Channel Library, categories will be listed. You can search content by selecting any category.
Subject: Presentations Category
Action: Add, Get