VIDIZMO allows users to embed published media (audio, videos, documents, images, playlist, collections etc.) in other web-based platforms using their HTML embed codes. To learn more about Embedding, click on Embedding Media in Other Systems.
There are two ways this HTML embed code can be generated and copied:
- Playback Page: All users who can access the media playback page can use this option to generate and copy the embed code. Note that this option is only available if the administrators have "Allowed Embedding" under Media Publish Settings. Administrators can also control this by configuring default publishing rules for each media type.
- Media Management: All users with Moderator+ roles with access to Media Management, can generate embed code using this option.
Steps for Playback Page
1. At the navigation menu, click on the Channel link to navigate to the Channel Homepage.
3. At the Playback page, click on Embed option below the Player. Note that this option may be available as a separate button or under More depending on the number of options enabled.
4. The embed code will appear along with its options.You may select any of the two embed types from the drop-down list that you wish to use and copy its Embed Code.
i. Iframe Code (Recommended): This type is more compatible and widely used in most HTML-based applications and content management platforms such as SharePoint, WordPress, Drupal, etc.
ii. Object Code: This code is typically used to embed media in PowerPoint presentations or other legacy systems that only support Object Code. Note that this option requires Adobe Flash to be installed on viewer's device.
5. Now set the dimensions or frame size of the media to be embedded:
i. Enter the required width of the video player
ii. Enter the required height of the video player
iii. Select your desired video resolution or quality by clicking the Type dropdown (e.g 240p.mp4 or 360p.mp4)
6. You also have the choice for your video to be viewed in full screen and/or auto play it:
i. Select Enable Full-Screen checkbox to allow users to view media in Full-Screen mode
ii.Select Enable Auto Start check box to start video playback on page load automatically.
7. Below is an example of how an embed code can be used. You can also try embedding it here and preview the results.
i. Paste the Embed Code.
ii. Click on Run >>
Steps for Media Management
1. From the top menu, click on the Admin link and navigate to the Media Management screen.
2. Under the Published tab, click on your desired Media thumbnail to bring up its details on the left panel.
3. Click on the Embed button to bring up a popup window with the following details:
i. Embed Code: Copy this code to place it on your web page
ii. Dimensions: Define the dimensions of the Media playback window
iii. Enable Full Screen: Use this option to open Media in full Screen mode
Embedding Media with Single Sign-On (SSO)
Many VIDIZMO customers use single sign-on (SSO) to authenticate their users in VIDIZMO Portal with their Active Directory or enterprise Identity Provider (IdP) in order to simplify authentication process within the organization. For channels using single sign-on, users are required to authenticate using their corporate credentials before they can access any published media, which is also true for any media embedded in external systems. To simplify the user experience in such a scenario, VIDIZMO provides the option to "Enable Single Sign On" when generating the embed code. With this option enabled, when a user accesses media embedded in an external system, VIDIZMO automatically attempts to authenticate the user with the configured identity provider (IdP) behind the scene. If the user has already authenticated during the same browsing session, with a different service provider (SP) application as an example, the user will be implicitly authenticated by VIDIZMO without having to type in any user ID or password and will be able to access the embedded media. However, if the user has not already authenticated during the same browsing session, he or she will be redirected to log in and authenticate. Any subsequent attempts to access embedded media from that channel will not require the user to log in until the user session expires.
This feature can be turned on by checking the checkbox against "Enable Single Sign On", indicated by (ii) in the image below. You will find this option when you click the Embed button (i) to open the embed settings popup.
Here is an example of an embedded video:
Administrator, Manager, Moderator, Contributor