Table of Contents
Content Processing and Encoding are hardware resource-consuming processes. A dedicated machine for this purpose improves the performance of the application more efficiently as compared to the processes which are running on the same server where the application is deployed.
Content processing/encoding on different Machines is achieved by “Customized Installation” of the VIDIZMO application.
- Windows Server 2012 R2/2016 Standard Edition VM/Physical Server with a minimum of 8GB RAM, 4 Core CPU, 256 GB HDD with 150 Mbps Throughput Microsoft Office 2013/2016 Professional
- Microsoft Office 2013/2016 Professional
- Microsoft .Net Framework 4.5.2
- Microsoft Windows Management Framework 5.1
Open Firewall Ports between application and database servers:
- 11211: This port used by Memcachedb and is required to be open for the Encoding server, to use memcache service.
- 80: This is the port number assigned to commonly used internet communication protocol, Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP). It is the port from which a computer sends and receives Web client-based communication and messages from a Web server and is used to send and receive HTML pages or data.
- 443: In the case of https, whereas the default port used for standard non-secured "HTTP" is port 80, Netscape chose 443 to be the default port used by secure HTTP
- 1433: This is the default port for SQL Server. This port is also the official Internet Assigned Number Authority (IANA) socket number for SQL Server. Client systems use TCP 1433 to connect to the database engine; SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) uses the port to manage SQL Server instances across the network.
- All machines should be on the same Local or Virtual Network.
- Administrative access to the VM/server on which VIDIZMO Content Processing Service will be installed (Encoding Server).
Before installing VIDIZMO on the Encoding Server, make sure that all the prerequisites are installed and configured on both the Encoding Server and the Database Server and that both servers are accessible to each other over the network.
The next step is to execute the VIDIZMO Setup Installation Package. Please contact your account manager or VIDIZMO implementation support team in case you do not have access to it.
1. Copy the VIDIZMO Setup Installation Package on your Encoding Server and run it as an administrator.
2. An installation wizard will open. Click "Next" to proceed.
3. Read the License Agreement and then select "I accept the terms in the license agreement." Click "Next" to move to the next step.
4. You can either choose "Complete" setup type (recommended) or "Custom" in case you prefer to select a custom installation according to the set of features you require.
In this installation walkthrough, we will select the "Custom" Setup type.
On the next screen that comes up, select the Installer and click on the Install button.
5. VIDIZMO Installer Suite will check for the required Windows Features and Roles. If these are installed, then the setup will move on to the next step, otherwise, it will first install the required features and roles before moving on.
6. the following screen will appear to Install Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Express SP2 click “Install”.
Since this step is a part of the installer for the Application Server, it will install here but will not be used.
In the next release of VIDIZMO installer, this step will be removed when setting up Encoding Servers.
7. Once done, VIDIZMO Install Shield Wizard window will appear. Click "Next" to begin the process.
8. Read the License Agreement and then select the radio button against "I accept the terms in the License Agreement". Click "Next" to move to the next step.
t is recommended to use a different local drive other than the "C" drive.
10. In this step, you can either choose the "Complete" Setup type (recommended) or "Custom" in case you prefer to do a custom install according to the set of features you want.
For this step, we will select the "Custom" Setup type.
11. The next step will show you the components to install for your Vidizmo Application.
Here, select only the “Content Process Management” icon while unchecking all the others.
Then click "Next" to continue.
12. Here, you will be required to provide a Service User account credentials that will be used to run background VIDIZMO services. It is recommended to create a new Service User account by clicking on "New User Information..." button. Alternatively, use the "Browse..." button to select an existing Service User account.
14. In the popup window that will appear, provide the following:
- Domain or Server: Provide "ENC01" as the local server name or use the Click "Browse..." button to locate and select a server.
- Group: Provide "Administrators" as the group or click the "Browse..." button to locate and select the group.
- User Name: Provide a username. It should be the same username which was used in the VIDIZMO Encoding Server(s).
- Password: Provide a password. VIDIZMO recommends using a strong password that conforms to your IT security policy.
- Confirm Password: Type in your password again to confirm what you entered in the password field above.
Click "OK" to close the popup and then click "Next" on the Wizard to proceed further.
15. In the Logon Information screen, provide the User Name/Password of the Admin user that will run VIDIZMO Services. The User Name must be in the form of DOMAIN\Username.
On the next screen, provide your own Name and your Organization's name, then click "Next" to continue.
16. In this step, you will be required to provide the Domain name of your VIDIZMO Media Portal that users will type in their browsers to access VIDIZMO. This domain name should be the same as the one used in the VIDIZMO Encoding Server, configured in your DNS server, and mapped to the internal or external IP address of VIDIZMO Encoding Server.
Click here to learn How to Configure Custom Domain on a Channel for public domains. For internal domain, please refer to the administration manual of your internal DNS server. You can always go back and change this domain in VIDIZMO if you need to.
Click on the "Next" button to continue.
17. This window requires Subdomains Confirmation List. As it is the best practice to use the same domain for sub-URLs, click “Next” without making any changes.
18. Select a Database Server for VIDIZMO Application to configure the required databases. Enter the name of the Database Server e.g. "DB Server".
To connect to this Server, provide the Login ID and password of the Admin user which has Sysadmin full read/write control.
Click "Next" to continue.
19. Once all the information has been provided, you are ready to install VIDIZMO Application on the server. Click on the "Install" button to begin the installation process.
20. A new Wizard window will appear to install a "docprint" software in your system. This is required for Document Processing and Reports in the VIDIZMO application.
Click on the “Next” button to continue.
21. Select a Destination Location where you want to install "docprint" and click "Next".
By default, it will go to the "C:\Program Files" folder.
22. Select the Start Menu Folder. You can also choose not to create a Start Menu folder if required by checking the "Don't create a Start Menu Folder" checkbox.
Click “Next” to continue.
23. Define Additional Tasks from this window i.e. if you want a desktop and/or a Quick Launch icon. Select your preferred options and click "Next."
24. DocPrint Document Converter is ready to install. Click "Install" to initiate the process.
25. Upon clicking on the Install button, the installation begins, which takes a couple of minutes to complete.
26. When the installation ends, a pop-up window will appear for confirmation to make DocPrint as your default printer.
Click on the “Yes” button.
27. Make sure to uncheck the highlighted checkbox and click “Finish” to complete the installation.
At this stage, we do not want to run the docPrint application because installation of the VIDIZMO application is not complete.
The docPrint application is required which is why it is installed first.
28. When all the required features and pre-requisites are installed, VIDIZMO Installer begins the package installation automatically.
During installation, the following pop-up alert with appear.
Click “OK", because this is not the Application Server and Reporting Services are not installed (Reporting Services are not a part of the Encoding Server).
29. Once the installation process is complete, the installer will begin to remove the source files as a cleanup process. This may take up several minutes.
30. Click on the “Finish” button to complete the installation.
31. The main window of the wizard, "VIDIZMO Installer Suite", displays the process completed message.
Click on the "Finish" button to proceed further.
32. After the installation is complete, you will need to run the "Services.msc" command to check for ”Vidizmo Content Processing Service”, to make sure it is running.
Use the Windows "Run" command and type "Services.msc".
33. Look for ”Vidizmo Content Processing Service” and make sure it shows up as Running in the Status column:
34. At this step the Encoding Server deployment is complete and the Content Processing/Encoding will be served from this Server.
The steps that follow walk you through to activation of the Encoding Server, and will require a License Key.
The VIDIZMO Application runs on a separate Application Server than the Encoding Server, which uses "VIDIZMO Content Processing" Service to encode the content from the VIDIZMO application. The Encoding Server also needs to be activated and requires a valid license key otherwise new, uploaded content routed for encoding from the Application Server will not get processed. You can verify whether the content is being encoded or not by logging in to your VIDIZMO Channel and viewing the Workflow Queue for that process.
6. For the Application Server, restart the “memcache” service from Windows Services. Also restart the IIS using Command Prompt (Command: iisreset)
1. Clicking on Web Admin
2. Then select System Configuration
3. Then select the App Config tab
4. Then finally select the Cache tab.
Subject: Central Administration
Action: Get, Update, Add